Groups of……

Over the last few weeks we have been looking at ‘Groups of….’ We have discussed other names for ‘Groups of’ including multiplication and ‘times tables’. As a class we are not going to be using the words ‘times tables’ to make sure we don’t get confused with telling the time. So what have we learnt….. 4 groups of 3 can also be written as a repeated addition; 3 + 3 + 3 + 3. To write it in another we can say 4 x 3.

Steps;

1) draw it

2) write the repeated addition

3) write the ‘groups of’ number sentence with the answer

Here is a challenge…..What is 9 groups of 6?

How many other ‘groups of’ number sentences do you already know?

This entry was posted in Maths, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Groups of……

1. Ashley says:

The first thing I did was to draw it.
    Then I wrote the repeated addition;
    6+6+6+6+6+6+6+6+6= 54
    After that I can write
    9 X 6 = 54

2. Shi Shan says:

Groups of can be called lots of names. They are multiplication, lots of,times ( we don’t call it that ) multiply, groups of. I like to use the word groups of because our class mostly uses that word

3. heidi says:

last week, we went on a excusion to the box hill libary. a libary is were you borrow books to read. sometimes you have to be quiet, because stuedents have to study for their exam.
    We are going to the box hill police station. we might see Annabel and Sophia’s basketball coach.

from heidi

4. Sandu says:

WOW!!! 2MR you have been up to a lot of stuff in Maths. I remember in Yr 2, we would also call the times tables “groups of”. We had to ban the word times.:)